Bushmills Causeway Collection 1997 Rum Cask 25 Year Old Single Malt Irish Whiskey 70cl
- Size / ABV
- Tasting Notes
- Signature Serve
- Bushmills Irish Whiskey is crafted with care at The Old Bushmills Distillery in County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
- Bushmills is the world’s oldest whiskey distillery and is renowned for making award winning, triple distilled, single malt and blended Irish whiskey.
- The 1997 Rum Cask is a limited edition rare cask strength (46.2% ABV)
and non chill-filtered Irish single malt. It represents the next bold step
for Bushmills, one that honours the giants and generations before us
and the incomparable natural landscape in which its forged.
- This unique single malt has spent its entire life in first-fill
American oak rum casks. Filled on 14th February 1997, it has
spent an incredible 25 years patiently maturing in Warehouse 8.
Alex Thomas, our Master Blender, has expertly watched over
this malt as it’s been imbued with luscious exotic summer
fruit notes of apricot, mango and pineapple.
- The decades have deepened the flavours, adding richer layers
of honey, vanilla toffee and warming spice. At cask strength,
the waves of tropical flavours are more elevated and distinct,
followed by an incomparable smoothness. It’s a sensational whiskey
that stands with the best of Irish single malt, a giant in its own right.
Colour: Straw gold.
Nose: Delicate summer fruit, honey and a hint of black pepper.
Taste: Notes of sweet toffee entwined with delicate oak traces lead to exotic apricot and mango flavours followed by a vanilla sweetness and warming spice.
Finish: Smooth, warming and long with hints of tropical pineapple.